Fair Trade Standards
- Coffee is purchased exclusively from cooperatives.
- A predetermined minimum price per pound is paid to the cooperative.
- Access to credit provided by the roaster.
- Price premium promotes community development.
- Child labor, forced labor, and workplace discrimination are prohibited.
- Growing practices that promote environmental sustainability are required.
- Certification provides transparency of relations between buyers and cooperatives.
Direct Trade Principles
- Coffee purchased from a range of farm structures and individuals farmers.
- Price paid per pound goes directly to the farmer.
- A close relationship with producers improve quality and increase value.
- Direct, ongoing, sustained contact between buyer and producers.
- Improves economic sustainability of small farms and producers.
- Guarantee social sustainability of producers.
- Encourage environmental sustainability and community development.
- Complete transparency.